Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Old-Fashioned Affliction. I Need my Smelling Salts.

Tonight is the Shift & Switch Reading here in Calgary. As has happened on a few occasions, I woke up (the day of a reading) with a migraine. I get them as often as once or twice a week if I am stressed or maybe not for months. Also sometimes I will get a migraine the day of some event-- like a reading, or a party-- the Martinis and Weenies Party we had in the summer was crummy for me for the first part because I was trying to be a '50's-style hostess while fighting off a migraine (the point of the party was genteel kitsch or something like that). Of course, migraines are sort fo '50's, so maybe that worked. But instead of writing something new to read tonight or rushing around shopping for something new to wear (two things I love to do the day of a reading if possible) I'm writing this frustrated update and then going back to bed to try to sleep it off. I'm in for approximately 6 hours of migrainity.

So, yeah, Chinooks aren't all they're cracked up to be. Dumb Chinook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home