Sunday, November 27, 2005

Frogments From the Frag Pool

Went last night to the launch of this book by our derek and Gary Baldwin. The lovely Sandy Lam hosted, and Pages was the venue. Unfortunately the Enchiladas and Sangria Friday in Tuxedo wrecked me for the next day, and I had to skip the KP fun after-party-- I blame LaFawnduh's Sangria del Diablo, but also the beers at the Unicorn after that (for Holly's "I'm leaving TRUCK and becoming ever more awesome" party. And just to bitch a little, the waitress was there, and she actually shoved people to get them out of her way. She harshes the mellow in the harshest way.)

The Frogments reading was really great-- I think this book is so good-- a perfect balance of clever and sweet and painfully punny. The poems are haiku-- why do I not write haiku? How has it escaped me that haiku is the perfect form? I love how the book looks, too-- the frog-like dimensions, the un-frog-like green-- Mercury did a really good job. I see angela edited-- well done! Congratulations derek and Gary! This one is going to be a prize-winner, I can smell it!

So, in honour of the launch of Frogments From the Frag Pool, check out this sweet website and think of derek.
Hopkin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home