Sunday, November 27, 2005

Peart of a Hoet

My DVD copy of "Heart of a Poet" arrived in the mail last week. I had to wait for a chance to watch it with Cara and Brea, and there needed to be alcohol involved, so Enchiladas and Sangria night in Tuxedo was the night to watch it. (The enchiladas, btw, were amazing and I'm totally going to make Enchiladas a la Fawnduh at home. Maybe an Enchiladas and Tequila Night in Hillhurst is in the cards.)

It's tough watching yourself on the tv. But I was able to watch the whole thing without hiding behind the pillow too much (or biting the pillow at all). The "Heart of a Poet" People (HOAPP for short) did a really fantastic job. It made me think about getting into film-making. It really looks like it would be fun-- fitting together fragments and fragmenting figments and making the subject appear well-spoken etc.

The half-hour show culminates with the TEAM performance at Lexiconjury, and they left in the bit where I say, in regards to "aaaring" and clinking beers, that that's "how we do it in Calgary" which made me have a tear in my sangria a little bit. They kept in a Cameron House interview with Paul, and the caption referred to him as a "TEAM Groupie" (and he looked so hot! also a little drunk and a lot charming).

I was surprised to see that HOAPP had interviewd Gregory Betts (who, along with Derek McCormack was one of the other readers at Lex-- both of their readings were really terrific) at Cameron House that night. He had a lot of nice and insightful comments about our TEAM performance, which I thought was really sweet of him, considering the way the HOAPP and I kind of hijacked the vibe at the Lex that night. Also, because I hadn't met him before. That's generosity and grace!

So, thank you to HOAPP, to Cara and Brea, to angela, to Paul, to Gregory and to Derek, to Mark Truscott, to Bill Kennedy, to Alana Wilcox, and to the crowd at Lex! The underwear made the cut... I am so tickled.

Ok, one more plug for the air-date of my show-- December 14th on BOOK TV. Now I will stop talking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home