Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Post-Cuba Ennui

Check out some of my photos from Cuba! We had a great time with Chris and Sandy and Paul's aunts Helen and Eda (at their casa in Playa del Este outside of Havana.) Arrived back in Calgary after 18 hours of travel!!! Feeling cold, so very very cold...

We missed the annual book fair by one day unfortunately, although Eda bought me a couple of books of Spanish poetry. Next time we go, I would like to learn a little Spanish beforehand. But in the meantime, with basically zero knowledge of Spanish, I might try some homophonic translations of the poetry I've got... Translation on my mind after our trip and the "Translating Translating Montréal" conference coming up (more on that closer to the date) and also trying to come up with a final title for Booty. Already behind with Booty business. But before I got too deep into it, I wanted to post some Cuba photos!

Which I've done... Back to work!

1 Comments:

Blogger bathmate said...

As always an excellent posting.The
way you write is awesome.Thanks. Adding more information will be more useful.

Bathmate

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home